VMware Horizon Community
harrytschof
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon Client crashing when trying to connect to a server or checking for updates

Hi there,

On my personal desktop, using my personal account, VMWare Horizon Client is freezing and crashing whenever I try to connect to a new server or check for updates (including when it automatically checks for updates after 30 seconds).

Interestingly, it works fine if I try and connect to a server on a guest account, using the same PC.

I am using the latest version of VMWare Horizon Client, and please find attached my crash logs.

Please find attached my DxDiag and the crash logs.

I have removed some personal data from the log. 

Many thanks,

Harry

7 Replies
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @harrytschof ,

Do you have manually configured a proxy server configuration?

0 Kudos
ymagalif
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Harry,

This is basic, but have you tried reinstalling it?

Downgrading to a lower version helps with various problems.

Is this on a Mac or a PC?

Sincerely,

Yury Magalif

0 Kudos
harrytschof
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Yury,

Thanks for getting back to me! I have tried the previous version to the latest release but could perhaps go further back than that? As I say though, the application works fine in the same pc on the guest user. 

I am using Windows.

Many thanks,

Harry

0 Kudos
harrytschof
Contributor
Contributor

Hi mrkasius,

I don't believe so simply because I'm not certain how to do this?

As I say, it works fine on the guest user on the same PC. 

Many thanks,

Harry

0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi @harrytschof,

The Horizon Client monitors the Internet Explorer proxy settings.

0 Kudos
wildsoul
Contributor
Contributor

@harrytschofDid you find a solution?

I have exactly the same problem. I found similar post to yours and described it there. Long story short, in the logs we all have:

2023-10-18T20:30:02.973+02:00 EROR (01) [libcdk] : CdkUtil_GenerateDHKeyPair:3649: DH generate key failed.
2023-10-18T20:30:02.973+02:00 EROR (01) [libcdk] : CdkUtil_GenerateDHKeyPair:3658: Failed to generate DH key pair with error: error:2D073087:FIPS routines:FIPS_drbg_init:selftest failure.
2023-10-18T20:30:02.973+02:00 EROR (01) [libcdk] : CdkCryptoTaskRenewKeyParameters:271: Failed to renew the DH key pair.
2023-10-18T20:30:02.973+02:00 EROR (01) [libcdk] : CdkCryptoTask_CreateKeyParametersNode:502: Failed to renew the necessary key info.
2023-10-18T20:30:02.973+02:00 INFO (01) [libcdk] : CdkGetConfigurationTask_CreateRequest:302 Failed to create key parameters for the crypto task.

0 Kudos
wildsoul
Contributor
Contributor

I found it 🙂

remove the windows user env variable "OPENSSL_ia32cap"

worked for me 🙂

source:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vmware/comments/10k8ve4/vmware_horizon_client_stops_responding_after/

0 Kudos