VMware Horizon Community
R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VMWare Horizon Client automatic logoff

I know there is a way to globally set a idle disconnect in View connection server. My question is, is there any way to set a disconnect on the Horizon Client. What I mean is as soon as the person logs off they see the available pools menu, so if they walked away and left it unlocked, someone could log in behind them and get on one of the clones without being challenged. I know I could turn off SSO, but we were looking for a client level control or pool level control rather than a global control. Hope that made sense.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That type of functionality isn't available in the client. I was in the same situation as you looking for an answer. The obvious is setting a workstation lock policy and educating users to lock after walking away.

Two possible workarounds:

- We use workspace one to front our horizon environment. We direct users to the web portal and they launch the client from there. We can set the polices for timeouts for the portal in a variety of ways. Main reason we use workspace one it is for SAML support.

- Is placing shortcuts on the desktop for users to click to open a virtual desktop/app an option? That will bypass the client login window.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

That type of functionality isn't available in the client. I was in the same situation as you looking for an answer. The obvious is setting a workstation lock policy and educating users to lock after walking away.

Two possible workarounds:

- We use workspace one to front our horizon environment. We direct users to the web portal and they launch the client from there. We can set the polices for timeouts for the portal in a variety of ways. Main reason we use workspace one it is for SAML support.

- Is placing shortcuts on the desktop for users to click to open a virtual desktop/app an option? That will bypass the client login window.

0 Kudos
R_Mesa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thank you. I didn't actually think of shortcutting the pool to the desktop, but should solve my issue and makes sense.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

You can't directly control this in Horizon but it can be addressed if you have a load balancer. We have "Forcibly disconnect users" in Horizon (AKA global session timeout) set to 10 hours while session persistence on our load balancer is set to just 15 minutes. 15 minutes after a user logs in if they are returned to the pool list and try to launch a pool it will say the session has ended and force them to reauthenticate.

0 Kudos