VMware Horizon Community
MIssToniRM
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon Client Black Screen + "Connection to the remote computer timed out"

I am using VMWare Horizon Client 4.10.0 build-11021086.

I can successfully run the app if connected to our office internet or mobile hotspot using my phone.

However, when I try to connect via home wifi, the screen turns black and prompts an error message "The connection to the remote computer timed out." 

Note also that this is not always the case, sometimes I can successfully connect via home wifi, but most of the time, I encounter an error message.

pastedImage_2.png

Can someone help with the root cause? To prevent this from recurring. Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
HPU-ADM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When I get that error, it's usualy when i'm setting up a new UAG or Connection server, and the part you are encountering is after you select a desktop and try to connect to it?  Is that the case?

If so that is usually ports for blast or pcoip not opened.  Or if you only have one protocol enabled then your horizon client may be configured for the protocol you do not have enabled.

0 Kudos
MIssToniRM
Contributor
Contributor

When I get that error, it's usualy when i'm setting up a new UAG or Connection server, and the part you are encountering is after you select a desktop and try to connect to it?  Is that the case? -  Yes.

If so that is usually ports for blast or pcoip not opened.  Or if you only have one protocol enabled then your horizon client may be configured for the protocol you do not have enabled - how do I troubeshoot this? can you provide details? thanks!

0 Kudos
HPU-ADM
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When it works sometimes and not other times is strange.  I must have glossed over that part. Do you have a load balancer in this setup?

0 Kudos