VMware Horizon Community
flugelhorn333
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Horizon Client 8.3/8.4 Password Box Greyed Out?

Has anybody else come across this issue? When we attempt to upgrade our thin clients to use anything above v8.1 client, the password box is greyed out. 

11 Replies
EmilianW1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@flugelhorn333 

Can you provide more details?

CS version?

Thin Client model?

Do you experience the same issue with Horizon Client for Windows?

0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi flugelhorn333,

The greyed-out password box is triggered when the value 'Password' exists on 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\Client'. You can safely remove the value.

0 Kudos
Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

We use WMS to configure ours and this key only exists when the UWF is turned on. So we can't get rid of it. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@Mike1215 Does the key still exist with a new local user?

0 Kudos
Mike1215
Contributor
Contributor

There's no way to tell. Because the CURRENT_USER keys only exist for the currently logged on user. And since these are WES machines, the local "user" account has no access to things like regedit or cmd/powershell commands to view the keys.

0 Kudos
jamesc55
Contributor
Contributor

Hi - any updates/resolutions on this one?

We're experiencing this too. Dell Wyse Windows 10 IoT thin clients.

There doesn't seem to be a way to stop the 'Password' regkey from being created, though I've confirmed that deleting it on the local 'User' account re-enables the password field UNTIL the thinclient is rebooted, when it becomes greyed out again. 

This means we're stuck on version 2103 / 8.2 of VMware Horizon Client - as that's the last version without the issue. 

0 Kudos
emoore99
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution for this? I am currently experiencing it as well

0 Kudos
Cortez_C_Cortez
Contributor
Contributor

We also have the same issue with Wyze Embedded WES and Horizon 2203.  I'm also still looking for a fix so that Horizon works with the write filter turned on. 

0 Kudos
AlexanderDroege
Contributor
Contributor

We have to switch to vmware Horizion 8.6 due to a font size issue and have the same problem with the password field being grayed out.
The users start the vmware client from the Dell WES thinclient and cannot enter their password.
Is there already a solution or workaround?
Disabling the UWF is not a solution.

0 Kudos
AlexanderDroege
Contributor
Contributor

Our solution:

Update the client to WDA_14.6.5.9 and then update to the new Horizon version VMware-Horizon-Client-2206-8.6.0-20094380.

0 Kudos
Cortez_C_Cortez
Contributor
Contributor

Since we don't typically make much headway with Dell on any of the WES tickets we open, I resorted to installing the 2103 Horizon Client which works perfectly.  Thanks for suggesting that, as it's a reasonably good workaround for now. 

0 Kudos