VMware Horizon Community
MahmoodP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VMWare Horizon 4.3.0 Crashes - Mac

Having an awful time w/ VMWare Horizon.  Nothing has really changed on my Mac, but VMWare Horizon will not crash unexpectedly.  It also crashes when I go into my Preferences setting and select the Sharing tab.  Does anyone have any idea on what could be happening and what remedies exist?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MahmoodP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI - I managed to solve my issue. 

I ended up restarting the MacBook Pro in safe mode; launched VMWare Horizon; then selected preferences/sharing.  It worked as expected. 

Once I restarted my computer back in 'normal' mode, I launched the software again and tried.  It then worked and the software has remained stable since. 

I'm not sure what happened to initially cause this, and unsure of the mechanism by which Safe Mode restored functionality, but it worked.

Thank you again for your response.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
yuleyl
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

What's the Mac OS version you using?

It's better to provide the Mac client log and crash log from below path:

$HOME/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/

$HOME/Library/Logs/VMware Horizon Client/vmware-view-xxxx.log

And please trying delete previous preference file for Horizon Client first via below command line, then re-launch Horizon Client to check if crash issue still reproducible.

defaults delete com.vmware.horizon

0 Kudos
MahmoodP
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

HI - I managed to solve my issue. 

I ended up restarting the MacBook Pro in safe mode; launched VMWare Horizon; then selected preferences/sharing.  It worked as expected. 

Once I restarted my computer back in 'normal' mode, I launched the software again and tried.  It then worked and the software has remained stable since. 

I'm not sure what happened to initially cause this, and unsure of the mechanism by which Safe Mode restored functionality, but it worked.

Thank you again for your response.

0 Kudos