VMware Horizon Community
mdickerson419
Contributor
Contributor

VMWare Customization Specs not Displaying in Horizon

Good day. I am trying to PoC Horizon in my environment. I have gotten the connection server deployed, and created a template and Customization Specifications in VMWare, When I attempt to build a Full Clone pool in Horizon, I can see and select the template from Vsphere but the customization specifications I created in Vsphere are not showing up in the Horizon wizard. I built a couple customization specifications and also restarted vcenter server to see if that changed anything but I still do not have any customization specifications showing in Horizon Add Pool wizard. I am wondering if it might be a permissions issue but I am using the same user in both vsphere to create the customization spec and in horizon. I am running the latest Horizon 7 and vSphere is 6.7. Any thoughts on what I can check next would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mdickerson419
Contributor
Contributor

Also as additional input, I was able to deploy the template with customization specification successfully directly in Vsphere.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi mdickerson419

Make sure you are logged in to view admin page using connection server local FQDN name, not through any DNS URL. Test again, if issue still persist, this could be a permission limitation.

Just to isolate the problem,add horizon account you are logged in to horizon view, under vcenter administrators group and try again.

If issue still persist,you can enable TRACE logging on view connection server and reproduce the problem , simultaneously check debug log in that connection server (VMware Knowledge Base )

0 Kudos
kvmw2130
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

User account which you have added under Horizon UI --> Settings --> Server --> vCenter Server , if this user is having a custom role defined then ensure the role have following privilige:

* Open vSphere Web Client.

* Click on Menu and click on Administration.

* Then click on Roles.

* On the right side, choose the Role you have created and click edit.

* Then enable "Read customization specifications", "Customize", "Deploy template", "Clone Template" and "Clone Virtual Machine" options under Virtual Machine.

* For more information please refer: Privileges Required for the vCenter Server User

0 Kudos
mdickerson419
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for all the information. Interestingly enough it turns out that it was an issue with the Customization Specification names in Vsphere. When they have a space in the name, Horizon cannot see them. When I deleted them and added them with an underscore "_" instead, I can now see them in Horizon when I add the pools. Thanks all.