VMware Horizon Community
Harleyjdo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMWARE printer driver issues

Team;   We are working with a client that has a VDI image that we are trying to load a couple of USB drivers for them.   They are for a scanner and a Pitney Bowes LPS-1 both attached via USB.  They show up on the gold image just fine and we can print to them.   We created a manual pool and installed the drivers to load them.   Just for good measures I gave everyone ADMIN rights to their machines.   When I rolled out 10 of them today they all failed to load the drivers for the scanner and the Pitney Bowes so I had to go to each machine and touch them manually.   Any thoughts?

We are running view 5.2

As an FYI we removed THIN PRINT because it was causing problems with a VB6 application.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

How does the driver fail? Any error-messages?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Harleyjdo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The system tries to install a driver but comes up with No driver found (although loaded on the gold image) and just leaves the device with a Yellow triangle for troubleshooting.   We have to run the setup programs again for the devices to install the driver.    FYI we have the same issue with standard HP drivers like HP Laserjet 1005 or HP Laserjet 2035

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Could it be some support-programs that needs to be installed for the printer to work?

Is it the same problem if you take View out of the equation and just clone a VM and login as a new user?

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Harleyjdo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

the only thing that is missing is the thin print agent which I found out is made by a third party for VMWARE.  

0 Kudos
virtualester
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using sysprep when you deployed the 10 desktops?  If so, you probably need to check you unattend file and add the setting to "not clean up non present devices"

Maintain Driver Configurations When Capturing a Windows Image

0 Kudos