VMware Horizon Community
ManxBoydy
Contributor
Contributor

VMWARE VIEW 5.1 "PROBLEM DESKTOPS" ON CERTAIN ESXI HOST

Morning All,

I wonder if someone can help or point me in the right direction.

We are experiencing a consistent problem with one particualar ESXI host in our View Environment.  This host has 4 vmnics dedicated to our View LAN however every so often a virtual machine at random on this host goes into an unreachable status hence the user cannot login via their PCOIP terminal.  As soon as you migrate the VM to a different host, the issue immedialy rectifies itself on given VM.

At first I thought it was caused by a particular VMNIC on this host so I retraced all cabling and repatched to confirm everything working correctly. The issue reappeared so host was rebuilt.  Still issue exists....

We are running VMware View 5.1 and ESXI 5.0.0 Build: 626380.

Any Ideas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Rorus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This will sound silly, but I have had similar symptoms with VMs randomly losing connecting like this, and our root cause was DHCP. The VMs would happily get an initial IP address (and maybe even a few renews), however when they didn't get renewed (always seemed to happen in the days after Daylight Saving changed) the user would get disconnected, and the desktop would show as "Agent Unreachable". I doubt it is your issue, but always worth a shot.

I'd check the time and the time zone (under Config>Advanced settings somewhere?) on that problem host to make sure it is consistent with the rest.

Message was edited by: Rorus

0 Kudos
Redbridge
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Had this when we first setup VMware View and our issue was the number of ports allowed on the vSwitch that the VM was using to talk to the Connection Broker, I think by default its 120.

This may not be your issue but worth checking

0 Kudos