VMware Horizon Community
bmerfeld
Contributor
Contributor

VMView - Zero Client Recommendations

Good afternoon.  We're in the early stages of planning out our conversion from physical pcs to zero clients.  However, while there's certainly a lot of documentation about zero clients I'm not finding many recomendations.

Right now I've been looking at the Wyse P20, Dell FX100, and the Dell Optiplex FX160.  Does anyone have any thoughts, opinions, or recommendations on zero client solutions?  For those using a certain Model how are they working out for you?

We're a Windows shop, and we'll also be rolling out Windows 7 for our users if that makes a difference.

Thank you,

Billy Merfeld

1st Community FCU

0 Kudos
3 Replies
chaz112182
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

p20 has been spot on for us thus far. we have 150 in prod and are about to order another round.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

All the Teradici Zero clients (P20, Devon TC10, Dell FX100) use exactly the same chipset inside and use the same firmware, so if you want this kind of client it more of a question of price and support.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

I've used P20 for most of my implementations, and their support has being great for me. It's important to check the after sale service/support of each of the vendor in your country.

0 Kudos