VMware Horizon Community
RHamaker
Contributor
Contributor

VM with unsupported guest OS

Guys and gals, i have no idea where to start here with this.  I have built a development environment to work on testing a PCoIP over the internet for my company.  Anyway, i keep getting the error "VM with unsupported guest OS" when trying to add a windows 7 pool.  I have tried using windows 7, 8 and 10 all of them give the same error.  Strangely enough though Server 2012 works fine and deploys out as expected.  I have loaded the correct view agent on the workstations and it matches the view connection server version. 

Any idea where to start looking?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you elaborate on "add a windows 7 pool"? Have you created a manual pool and are then trying to add a windows 7 VM to the pool? is that where you see the error? If you "edit settings" on the virtual machine and look under "Options" what is the Guest Operating System listed as? Did you P2V any of these VMs or move them from workstation to ESX?

0 Kudos
RHamaker
Contributor
Contributor

Sure, I am attempting to add an automatic pool using a Windows 7 prepped image.  I am not even able to create the pool as i am getting the error when i try and select the base image on pool creation. 

The guest os is listed as windows 7 64 bit and these machines were built from scratch on ESX.  I loaded the OS from an ISO, patched it, and then presented it to View

0 Kudos
joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Can you check the .vmx file and make sure the entry is correct - it should look like

guestOS = "windows7-64"

0 Kudos