VMware Horizon Community
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VM unavailable after NIC swapped

I have an automated pool with Windows 10 VM's, and I swapped the E1000 NIC for VMXNET. Now Horizon is showing the VM as "Agent Unavailable", and I can't login to it. I tried the usual reinstalling VMWare Tools and Horizon Agent, flushing DNS, even rebooting the connection server, but the connection server doesn't see the agent. The VM itself seems to be working fine (via RDP), and I don't see any network issues with it.

I'm pretty sure this is related to switching out the NIC. Maybe the issue might be that the MAC address was changed when I swapped out the NIC's, but I don't know why Horizon doesn't just pick up the new MAC address.

How do I get Horizon to see the VM again?

More info:

Horizon 7.12, VMTools 11.1

Windows 10 1909

Desktop Pool settings: Automated, vCenter VMs, Dedicated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

1. Run the command from this location on one of the connection broker :

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\tools\bin

vdmadmin -A -d desktop-pool-name -m name-of-machine-in-pool -resetkey

Note : To run the above command, open Command Prompt as Admin by selecting "Run as Administrator".

2. Restart the virtual desktop on which the command was issued. Check now if it shows 'Available' in View admin page.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

1. Run the command from this location on one of the connection broker :

C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware View\Server\tools\bin

vdmadmin -A -d desktop-pool-name -m name-of-machine-in-pool -resetkey

Note : To run the above command, open Command Prompt as Admin by selecting "Run as Administrator".

2. Restart the virtual desktop on which the command was issued. Check now if it shows 'Available' in View admin page.

MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

That was the fix, thank you!