VMware Horizon Community
NeoChen176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM desktop got black screen

Hi everyone,

I have two connection servers, connection server  and replication Server, called ServerA and ServerB,

and four pools , I use one desktop with each pools,  I would get a black screen when I connect Server A, but I don't  when I connect ServerB

ServerA and ServerB are the same version horizon view 7.1, the desktop is win7 32bit.

Is anyone in a similar situation ?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Do both the connection servers in the same VLAN subnet? If so, try connecting to Server A with all the protocols such as PCoIP, Blast, HTML access and RDP and check if any of the protocols work.

Check the status of Windows Firewall of each connection servers and make sure both are either disabled or enabled".

/Jon

0 Kudos
Bruticusmaximus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When we had clients that got black screens, we'd uninstall the Horizon agent then, vmware tools.  Then reinstall Vmware tools then the Horizon agent. It fixed it every time however, I never checked to see if they were connected to the same connection broker.

0 Kudos
NeoChen176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We got many the black screen vm on other user,

just when we use serverA , but some pools on serverA will not get black, but we try on serverB is ok,this is very weird.

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Do both the connection servers in the same VLAN subnet? If so, try connecting to Server A with all the protocols such as PCoIP, Blast, HTML access and RDP and check if any of the protocols work.

Check the status of Windows Firewall of each connection servers and make sure both are either disabled or enabled".

/Jon

0 Kudos
NeoChen176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

yes they are on the same vlan and subnet,

no firewall,  i will try other procotol.

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

That issue almost always refers to ports connectivity. Try to connect to the first one and from your client machine open a CMD and run a netstat - an | find "connectionserverip"

Compare both of the outputs to see if some port connectivity hangs at SYN_SENT or TIME_WAIT.

Also there could be an issue between the Desktop Pool subnet and the Connection Server subnet.

0 Kudos
zhornsby
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

When you receive the blackscreen, can you hit ctl, alt delete to open the task manager? i receive blackscreen from time to time and i have to manually start the explorer task

0 Kudos
jonathanjabez
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

This suggestion doesn't seem to be meaningful. However, you can give it a try: Try a force ADAM replication between the connection servers. VMware Knowledge Base

Also, disable Windows Firewall on the connection server which is causing this black screen. It is also work do a backup of ADAM, promote the 2nd connection server as Primary (if the faulty one is primary) and reinstall Horizon Connection Server on the faulty server and try to connect to VDI and check the status.

/Jon

0 Kudos
NeoChen176
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

That weired server I had reinstall to replication server before, but the same, today I have to login desktop by blast protocol, I can success login,

but we want to use pcoi, so we will try to figure out the problem.

0 Kudos