VMware Horizon Community
KesaKara2011
Contributor
Contributor

VM View to Join Windows Domain for Authentication

hi,

kindly give a solution of How can we add New Windows Domain after removal of old domain from VM View 4.0 (VCenter).

Currently we are using test.local for authentication now comapany has implemented all over branch in same domain so we need to add those thine client machine to new domain .

any one give a solution it's very usefull for me to complete my job.

Kindly Check the attached file also

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You might want to ask a moderator to move this post into the View areas of the forum, or post this question directly there instead of here in the VCP area.

Scott.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can try below procedure

Assume, OldVdi currently member of OldDomain, Now you have NewDomain in-place to migrate. You also have linked clone pools defined which is part of OldDomain

Now try out these steps

1. Configure trust between OldDomain and NewDomain
  2. Add a server as a member of NewDomain
  3. installed View Connection server as replica and point to the OldVdi
  4. Recompose all existing pools to new domain, by changing the domain in pool edit wizard, and recomposing to a new snapshot
  5. Entitle the pool to users from VewDomain
  6. Decommision OldVdi
  7. Remove trust between Domains
KesaKara2011
Contributor
Contributor

Hi SKG,

Thanks for prompt reply,

we will check and reply .

Thanks

Kesavan K M

0 Kudos
KesaKara2011
Contributor
Contributor

Hi SGK,

Is there any documents for follow your steps.

Already we are created one way trust between domains for file share access, some of the laptop users in old domain to new domain migration file share not accessed then only we created one way trust. And we don't want to list 2 domain name in log on windows.

Give me any document link for which you sugestted.

Regards,

Kesavan K M

0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The proceedure I have suggested is a try-out method. No where docuemented.

You can unlist multiple domains listed in view-logons. Check View administration guide - vdmadmin commands for "Domain blacklisting"

And more over the trust I have suggested is temporary , so as it will enable migration. Once it is into new domain, you can decommision the old connection server

gunnarb
Expert
Expert

Any reason why you can't just do a swing migration?  Meaning build a new pool of machines on the new domain.  Use hte same master image you used from the old domain and they jsut have the users connect to the new pool?  If you do it right no one would even know it happened.  If you are using Persistant disks then this obviously wouldn't work.  In that case I'd just manually move those VMs to the new domain (there are only 58) and change the domain settings in View Configuration.

As far has how to handle hte client side (the terminals) that should be centrally managed if you are using Wyse or HP terminals, so that should be cake.

Gunnar

Gunnar Berger http://www.gunnarberger.com http://www.endusercomputing.com
0 Kudos