VMware Horizon Community
TB_Rich
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VM View 4.0.1 - Offline Desktop, 'Check Out' option missing??

Hi,

I am currently trialing VM View 4.0.1 but I seem to be missing the option to 'Check Out' my VM's.

I am trying to connect from an XP SP3 32bit Client (with offline option installed), to an XP SP2 32bit VM with the agent installed (with offline option also).

My View manager has the Agent VM set as an induvidual desktop with only 1 user entitiled to it and Offline Desktop is allowed in the policy. Also Offline Desktop shows as licesensed in config as this is a 60 day trail license.

As far as I can see on my client I should have the option to 'check out' my vm but his is currently not visible. I have seen a few similar posts on this problem but none with a resolution - although 1 suggested the Check Out option only appeared when a proper license key was installed. I am currently waiting on our purchaser sorting out a real license but even so I expect this feature to work in the trial...that is the whole point!

If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate it Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Rich.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Merlot
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Are you using Persistant, non-linked clone pool? Also the ESX hosts needs to be ESX 3.5 up 4. This does not work with vSphere. I have this working and am able to check out the desktop.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
langonej
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Is the option enabled in the View Manager?

0 Kudos
TB_Rich
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The View manager looks to have everything set ok. Unless there is somewhere I have missed but it is a very basic interface so I dont believe I have.

Can you be more specific with what option you are refering to please.

Thanks,

Rich.

0 Kudos
Merlot
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Are you using Persistant, non-linked clone pool? Also the ESX hosts needs to be ESX 3.5 up 4. This does not work with vSphere. I have this working and am able to check out the desktop.

0 Kudos
TB_Rich
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Yes Im using ESX 4 U1, thats annoying to say the least! I was evaulating it for laptop users really and this was a key feature. I will have to reapply for a trial license then I guess when the next version is released that might come close to being production ready....

Thanks again,

Rich.

0 Kudos