VMware Horizon Community
ngruetter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM Screen Resolution Problem

hi there,

i have a strange problem with the screen resolution of a virtual machine.

VM Guest: Windows 7 Professional DE

the video ram is set to 128mb.

A restart or logg off resets the resolutions settings which I've configured to 640 x 480.

i tried following:

1. deinstall vmware view agent

2. deinstall vmware tools

3. install vmware tools (complete)

4. install vmware view agent

unfortunately without success..

Any ideas on this?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

What is the size of the monitor and how would you like it to work?

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ngruetter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

the problem occurs before i access via the view client! in the vpshere client console! therefore it doesn't matter which resolution I choose.

I tried it with 1024x768. that works great until i sign out or restart the vm.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Well, the screen will autosize to whatever the vSphere client size is.

Why are you accessing a view machine from the vSphere console and not with the View Client.

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ngruetter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

For your information, the problem could be solved as follow:

1. configure a new vm as golden image

2. set first - before you start the vm - set vram to 128mb!

3. and then configure the vm as you like

I had the problem as I set the vram AFTER i configured the vm. I think it had a problem to assume the new vram.

0 Kudos
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So I have configured my golden image but now have this problem. Are you saying the only way to correct it is to start over?

0 Kudos
ngruetter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

perhaps there is a solution and I do not know..

But I recommend you, if you create a new golden image, do not configure the vram. I made the experience that it assign automatically enough vram that view works with pcoip protocol.

0 Kudos
Flame2k
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone! I had the same problem with my vmware golden image. The default screen resolution was 640x480. I've set the resolution to 1024x786 but after a restart the vmware client set the size back to the default. Even the KB Article: 1003 couldn't help me.

Finally I got a solution for this problem. I have always applied the settings from the VMWare View Windows 7 Best Practice Guide for the deployment of a golden image. In this Guid there is discript that you have to disable boot graphic (msconfig.exe)

When I select "Base Video" than the resolution go back to the default after a restart. I will never use this option for my golden image any more.

0 Kudos
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's exactly what fixed it for me too!

0 Kudos
ksliger_lexon
Contributor
Contributor

This fixed me too, thanks!

0 Kudos