VMware Horizon Community
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM Instant Clone Push Failed

Hi Team,

I have installed a new OS for a parent vm. Then installed couple of softwares and joined to domain. Noticed IP address is valid and able to browse. 

I kept shut down the parent VM and took a snapshot.

I created a instant clone options in horizon administrator window and pushed snapshot on the console. 

After 30 minutes, the status shows as Push Failed. As a first level tests, verified domain joined and IP address valid on the parent vm. 

Please help.

Thanks,
Ram

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Did you do ipconfig /release before the snapshot after you did your updates?

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Should I use ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew on the parent vm then take a snapshot?

or just ipconfig /release and turn off parent vm then a snapshot?

Thanks,
Ram

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I may also exceed any instant clone or desktop license? Where should I check license details with numbers?

Thanks,
Ram

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

both wouldn't hurt, but the release is important

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I did a ipconfig /release and turned off parent vm. Took a snapshot and pushed via instant clone.

Noticed still push failed.

Thanks,
Ram

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

I have cloned a correct parent vm from my environment and re-added NIC card to the vm and re-joined the new parent vm to the domain and took a snapshot. Then I pushed instant clone via Horizon admin window and I was able to create desktop pool with instant clone process without any issues.

I am trying to delete the old desktop pool created on the horizon admin console, the desktop pool showing as deleting state for more than 2 hours and it is not going away from the console. Please help.

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos