VMware Horizon Community
santunez2275
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VM Desktop Pool Status Deleting

Hello Guys

Was installed Horizont 7.4 Build 7400497 for Testing.

The Desktop Pool, when delete the VM of Desktop Pool, two machines is in mode Deleting.

I check the DB and the VM not exist also run SviConfig but the VM ever is in mode deleting

The error is

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

Exist other method and delete the VM in state Deleting.

Thanks foryour help

0 Kudos
4 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Please see whether the ViewDbChk command line utility helps (for details see https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2118050).

André

0 Kudos
surajr04
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As mentioned by Andre, ViewDB check should help to remove the stale VM from View, however, in case if it fail to do so remove from the View Adam Database manually.

Disable Provisioning on the Pool

Refer to KB VMware Knowledge Base

Connect to the View ADAM database. For more information on connecting to the ADAM database with ADSI Edit, see Connecting to the View ADAM Database (201237

1. Locate the virtual machine(s) for removal.
    1. Right-click the Connection View ADAM Database [localhost:389], and click New > Query.
    2. Provide a query name such as VM Search.
    3. Under Root of Search, click Browse and select the Servers organizational unit.
    4. Click OK.
    5. In the Query String, paste this search string:

(&(objectClass=pae-VM)(pae-displayname=VirtualMachineName))

Where VirtualMachineName is the name of the virtual machine for which you are trying to locate the GUID. You may use * or ? as wildcards to match multiple desktops.
    6. Click OK to create the query.
    7. Click the query in the left pane. The virtual machines that match the search are displayed in the right pane.
  2. Check the properties of the items returned by the query to confirm the correct virtual machine(s) were found, and delete the pae-VM object(s) to remove them from the database.
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

I just had this happen in my DR enviornment. If viewdbchk doesn't work shutoff all of your connection servers, restart vcenter, and then start one connection server at a time. When I had them all started the desktop pools where gone. There is a fix coming in 7.5 from what I read that may fix the errors you referenced.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The fix is targeted for 7.5 and there is a hot patch available for 7.4.0. It's an issue with the vccache on the connection servers that requires completing a restart of the environment. We applied the hot patch and it resolved our issue.

In one of my pods I was having to apply this workaround daily. First complete the steps in Restart order of the View environment to clear ADLDS (ADAM) synchronization in Horizon View (2068381...​ to ensure all connection servers have accurate data. If the problem persist than run viewdbchk.

0 Kudos