VMware Horizon Community
EAleshkov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VLAN assigning to wmware view pool

We have large network with the division by departments.Each department corresponds to a single vlan with individual restrictions.

During transport user from physical machine to vm I need to save all these restrictions.

As I know the only way to assign necessary VLAN to vm is to make separate master image with correct VLAN.

Is there any other opportunity to assign necessary VLAN to pool without making separate master image for each department?

VMware View 4.6

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can assign VLANS on a per snapshot level so one master  and multiple snapshots pointing to different VLANS. You can also check out this article by Andre which uses powershell.   http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=1838&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Myvirtu...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can assign VLANS on a per snapshot level so one master  and multiple snapshots pointing to different VLANS. You can also check out this article by Andre which uses powershell.   http://myvirtualcloud.net/?p=1838&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Myvirtu...

0 Kudos
EAleshkov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Using snapshots isn`t completely useful, after every update of master image i`ll need to make a new collection of snapshots

Yes, i saw these article. If there is no other solution will have to use this method.

I think there are many large companies that use Vmware view. Seems to be strange that it haven`t functionality of VLAN assigning.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I agree the extra snapshots make image management more painful then it already is.   Those are the only two work around to the problem that I have seen.   Might be worthwhile to add it as a feature request so that it's at least one someone's radar.  

0 Kudos
EAleshkov
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It's a pity.. Don`t you know how can i do feature request?

0 Kudos