VMware Horizon Community
Ravi1987
Contributor
Contributor

VDi session after view manager restart

can any body tell me if my view manager restart some how then my all user will be in connnected or disconnected mode.

second if ther will be disconnected when view server reboot what happened when my view manger comes online again.

do they users get the same session or new session

Ravi
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
btdrew
Contributor
Contributor

Ravi,

The good news is that your users will be unaffected. Once users are connected to their VM the communication happens separately from the connection server. The status is stored in the adam db and when the server is booted it checks that and re-establishes communication with the view agents. The net result is that you can bounce that server and users won't be affected and sessions will be intact. You would use "reset" in View or reboot the VMs in vCenter if you want to reboot the VMs. If you only have 1 view server the downside is that no users will be able to logon to their vms until it is back up. Hope that helps.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

That is correct if the users are connecting in Direct mode meaning they are not tunneled through the connection broker being rebooted. If they are being tunnled then they will be disconnected but would have the opportunity to reconnect to the same VM after the broker is back up. That is unless you have specificed some setting like logoff on disconnect in which point they would just get a new VM.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos