VMware Horizon Community
AjayC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VDM and VI integration

I have an EXS 3.02 infrastructure in place with three ESX 3.02 servers in a single cluster, which are managed by a VirtualCenter 2.0 Server. There are about 20 production virtual servers running in the cluster. I was planning on evaluating Virtual Desktop Manager without having to purchase any additional hardware.

Do you folks see any issue with me installing a virtual server within the cluster to be used as the VDM connection server. My question specifically is whether I can in anyway impact the 20 production virtual servers that I am running? I am not concerned about any performance impact at this time because the ESX servers still have plenty of spare capacity left.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Ajay

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We run two VDM connection brokers as VM's in our environment and haven't experienced any problems yet. On page 10 of the VDM 2.1 installation guide it says the Connection broker can be either a VM or a physical machine. I think you will be fine as long as you have the capacity.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kjb007
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

The only concerns I would have would be performance related. If you have plenty of capacity, and performance is not an issue, then I don't feel you have anything to lose. I run my vc itself as a virtual machine as well, and don't see any issues with it, so running your connection broker as a vm to test it out seems fine to me.

-KjB

vExpert/VCP/VCAP vmwise.com / @vmwise -KjB
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We run two VDM connection brokers as VM's in our environment and haven't experienced any problems yet. On page 10 of the VDM 2.1 installation guide it says the Connection broker can be either a VM or a physical machine. I think you will be fine as long as you have the capacity.

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Thread moved to the more appropiate VDM forum,

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos