VMware Horizon Community
Metalgalle
Contributor
Contributor

VDM and VCMS on the same server

Hi everybody,

I searched in the VMWare communities, but I can't find this solution...so excuse me if this 3d is a duplicate! :smileyblush:

I'm about to install a Vi3 infrastructure with VDI (View) support.

I want to know if there are any problems about installing both VDM and Virtual Control Center on the same phisycal server.

Regards!

---

Metalgalle

--- Metalgalle
0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I can't find it in any of the documentation but I'm almost positive that it has to be on seperate servers. I will update if I'm able to locate that in a document.

Page 24 of the manual says it requires a dedicated machine for the connection broker

If you found this or any other post helpful please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points

Message was edited by: mittim12

TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

As far as I am aware it has to be a seperate machine, they both utilise a tomcat instance and I think this is the reasoning behind it, but I cannot find it in the documentation either. but hopefully Warren, Christoph or another of the View guys at VMware could cross the T's and dot the I's for us

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
Metalgalle
Contributor
Contributor

OK, thanx for the quick answering!!!

So, I will plan to put my vcms on a VM...

If anyone get the same issue...I wait for a response!!! :smileyblush:

---

Metalgalle

--- Metalgalle
0 Kudos