VMware Horizon Community
Dave_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

VDM administrator web access problems

I'm having issues with my fresh installation of VDM. It's on a W2K3 sp1 server in a test domain with a DC and VC server all set up fine. I've got three xp clients all set up on another ESX host.

Installed VDM, given it a reboot and go to logon to address>/admin and even and both urls give me a page cannot be displayed. I've tried browsing from an xp client, same thing.

The VDM server's a member of the domain and in DNS. Any hints and tips on what I should be checking? Nothing in the event logs and I can't find a VDM log.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

Check to make sure that the server in which you installed VDM has the VMware VDM services running.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

Yup, VMware VDM Connection Server and VDMDS services both running. Is there anyway to check that Tomcat is up and running? Is there not a welcome url for Tomcat? Do I need to do any config at the ESX host level?

0 Kudos
Dave_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

If I goto host>:8080 should I not get the Tomcat welcome page? (because I don't)

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal

just for kicks, from your local worksation go to https://fqdn of the VDM Serer/admin

0 Kudos
Dave_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

Nope from both server and client

0 Kudos
pda123
Contributor
Contributor

Here are a few things that may help:

• Check the Event Viewer for errors.

• Disable proxy server settings in the browser (if any).

• Check if you have IIS installed (at least port 80 - http - will conflict with tomcat if it is).

• Open a command prompt and do a "telnet 127.0.0.1 80" AND also a "telnet 127.0.0.1 443" to check if there's anything listening on these ports.

Regards, PDA123.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

Nope, still no joy.

Quick question, if I do a netstat should the server be listening on 80 and 443? Because it's not.

0 Kudos
Dave_Mac
Contributor
Contributor

In the end I blew away the Server VM and recreated my template. Deployed a new VM with sp2 and this now worked.

0 Kudos