VMware Horizon Community
gpeck29
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDM Web Access Default Domain Name

Does anybody know if I can set a domain name as default? Currently this is alphabetical, but I'd like to have one domain (starts with "S") as the domain that is the one in the box. This would keep 90% of my people from having to choose the domain.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I'm afraid you can't do this for web access, it has no access to your registry at the point of login.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

In the current version VDM 2.0 you have to set the domain name via registry variable.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VMwware Inc.\VMware VDM\Client\MRDomain REG_SZ = Domainname

If you like to have it for all users on the client you should set it in the default users profile.

gpeck29
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

While this seems that it will work for the client, I wanted it for the web access. It seems simple enough....have a registry key or a config file that is has a defaultDomainName value and when the domains are enumerated to populate the drop down box, put "selected" in the HTML code.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I'm afraid you can't do this for web access, it has no access to your registry at the point of login.

0 Kudos
gpeck29
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This would be a nice feature request. I'm sure I'm not the only one living with multiple domains, but the VDM only services one domain. I'd like it if on the VDM server there was a config file or registy value that would allow us to select only the domains we want listed, or at very least the one we want as default.

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yes, we've had several others ask for this. If a feature-request hasn't already been raised for this internally (and I think it has) I'll raise one.

0 Kudos