VMware Horizon Community
jswt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDM View (3.0) Reconfiguring desktop

I have installed vdm view agent on 2 seperate vdm vm's since the installation these 2 machines in the Infrastructure Client have been reconfigured a couple of hundered times. It just loops...

I am very reluctant to install on any other machines at this point. DId I miss doing something? Is anyone else having this issue?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jon_Holloway
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This could happen if those VMs are already part of another VDM environment - do you have a VDM 2.1 environment running? What happens in that scenario is the separate environments are repeatedly setting the configuration of those VMs as they both believe they are managing those VMs.

Regards

Jon

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jon_Holloway
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

This could happen if those VMs are already part of another VDM environment - do you have a VDM 2.1 environment running? What happens in that scenario is the separate environments are repeatedly setting the configuration of those VMs as they both believe they are managing those VMs.

Regards

Jon

0 Kudos
jswt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Awesome, thank you very much. Do you know if the vdm clients need to be installed with the view agent in order to use view, or can I upgrade the broker and then upgrade the clients at a later time?

0 Kudos
Jon_Holloway
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

A VDM 2.0/2.1/2.1.1 Client will work against a View Manager 3.0 Connection Server - so yes, you can upgrade broker and agents first and deal with clients later. Any new functionality exposed in the client will of course not be available until you have the latest client installer.

Regards

Jon

jswt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Once again, Thank you!

0 Kudos