VMware Horizon Community
NicoSeiberth
Contributor
Contributor

VDM Connectionserver 2.1 ADAM data error

Hello,

I'm currently evaluating VMWare VDI for my diploma thesis. All went fine, when I was using the software versions 2.0 of the VDM components. 3 days ago, there was an update to 2.1. I updated the Connection Server, the templates for the virtual machines and the clients. I can still connect to my old 2.0 machines

But:

I tried to create a new pool using the new template. Everything goes on so far until the summary screen appears to finish. When I click the finish button I get an ADAM data error on top of the summary page an the process of creating the pool freezes.

Does anyone have a clue what is the problem?

Kind regards

Nico Seiberth

0 Kudos
8 Replies
NicoSeiberth
Contributor
Contributor

Here is a screenshot of the ErrorEvent

!ScreenShot016.JPG!.

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Thread moved to the more appropiate VDM forum

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
Quigibo
Contributor
Contributor

We are evaluating VDI for a 500 user deployment... just upgraded to 2.1 flawlessly but are now experiencing this same error upon trying to add another VDI. Are we allowed to create a support case during a product evaluation ?

0 Kudos
NicoSeiberth
Contributor
Contributor

I thought so and opened one when the error occurs. No answer until now.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I'm sorry you're having this problem. When you say "add another VDI" what is this? Are you adding a new desktop pool with VDM Administrator?

This may be an upgrade issue from 2.0 to 2.1. If possible, can you try uninstalling VDM Connection Server software (but not the ADAM instance) and then doing a clean install. Your configuration data will be preserved as long as you don't remove the ADAM instance.

If that doesn't solve it, I'll want to ask you for some additional information.

Thanks.

Mark.

0 Kudos
Quigibo
Contributor
Contributor

"add another VDI" = adding a new precreated VM to VDM and associating it with a user.

We have 2 VDM servers for redundancy and both experience this issue.

I'll go ahead and uninstall both keeping the ADAM and try the reinstall.

0 Kudos
Quigibo
Contributor
Contributor

So, uninstalling/reinstalling didn't help anything. After install error came back. Took it down to one node, uninstalled/reinstalled, same thing there as well. Setup third replica node and same thing. Resorted to using the export/import process defined in http://www.vmware.com/pdf/vdm_config_data_export_import.pdf . Exported, uninstall VDM, uninstall ADAM instance, reinstall VDM/ADAM instance, import "dump" everything is fine. I looked in ADSIEdit and didn't see anything obviously wrong. Strange. Couldn't spend alot of time troubleshooting since today was one of the "demo" days of VDI. Had to get it up ASAP.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

I'm pleased you're up and running now. Many thanks for getting this information back to us. We'll investigate this Admin UI issue internally.

Thanks.

Mark.

0 Kudos