VMware Horizon Community
jrenton
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

VDM Connection Server on same server as Virtual Centre

I am preparing to install VMWare VDM v2.1 for the first time

I have read through the Reviewers Guide and cannot find any recommendations as to how to host the VDM Connection Server

My instinct is to install the Connection Server onto my Virtual Centre server and then create a Replica as a virtual machine.

Is this configuration support? Is the best practise?

John

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

you cannot install VDM conection broker and VC on the same server, I believe it is due to Tomcat, and but there are other issues as well, Just create another VM guest had host it off that. it will save you a lot of pain.

Tom Howarth

VMware Communities User Moderator

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If I remember correctly i don't think you can have the Virtual Center and the VDM on the same box IF you use the default ports. A few of the ports for management and connections overlap. I am sure with some changes to them you will be able to. Good Luck.

marburg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried this with different ports, but everytime I login with VirtualCenter, the VDM Connection Server crashes and the ESX server in VC is "not responding".

Any idea what the problem is there?

TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

you cannot install VDM conection broker and VC on the same server, I believe it is due to Tomcat, and but there are other issues as well, Just create another VM guest had host it off that. it will save you a lot of pain.

Tom Howarth

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
marburg
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ok thanks, I'm already moving the CS to a VM.

0 Kudos