VMware Horizon Community
lewisma
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

VDM 2.1 Upgrade

I just applied the latest update to our VDM environment, one of the new features listed was the ability for end users to change there passwords. Where can i find this option or how does it work. This would be a nice thing to have but the only new option i see under persistent desktop pools is the ability to restart there VM. Other nice features i cannot see are multiple sessions per user and the ability to block RDP connections that are not coming from VDM clients.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yes, they'll see a popup box, followed by the change password window. I've included a screenshot for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I just applied the latest update to our VDM environment, one of the new features listed was the ability for end users to change there passwords. Where can i find this option or how does it work. This would be a nice thing to have but the only new option i see under persistent desktop pools is the ability to restart there VM.

This only appears if the password is soon to expire or is required to change, it's not exposed to the user unless needed.

Other nice features i cannot see are multiple sessions per user and the ability to block RDP connections that are not coming from VDM clients.

The multiple sessions for a single user only apply if the same user accesses a desktop from two different devices at once, and needs to be enabled per desktop pool in the admin UI - this feature was originally added for lab scenarios, where several users would all log in at once from different access points with a common username and password. The ability to block non-VDM RDP connections is enabled by default in the VDM 2.1 agent install and can be disabled via group policy if needed.

Hope that clears things up for you, the additional functionality isn't obvious to end-users unless you explicitly need it Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
lewisma
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your very quick response, so i guess according to how the group policy is configured, the user would see a pop box or something when the password is due to expire or the password needs to be changed ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Yes, they'll see a popup box, followed by the change password window. I've included a screenshot for you.

0 Kudos
lewisma
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Fantastic, really appreciate your help and quick response !

Mark

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos