VMware Horizon Community
hantv
Contributor
Contributor

VDI vs McAfee compatibility?

Hi Guys,

My system just built up with View Horizon 6.1 and VDI VM was converted from physical PC which installed some applications.

I removed un-necessary drivers or application belong to PC. Now VM is running with Office, McAfee and light application only.

McAfee full scan schedule in PC was 12PM daily. after moving to virtual environment, I couldn't do anything in VM if McAfee start scanning. all application or operation hangup, and CPU performance always 100%.

Then I have to re-schedule full scan to 8PM.

Could you please advice for any solution?

FYI,

McAfee Virusscan Enteprise v8.8

VDI VM: 1vCPU 1GHz, 4GB Mem, 100GB HDD

VM OS: Windows 7 SP1 Pro

Thanks alot for any idea

Ha.

3 Replies
rajrajamani
Contributor
Contributor

Ha,

Try CylancePROTECT - we use a predictive algorithmic model that eliminates the need for recurring scans and the IO storms caused by recurring scans.  Happy to schedule a demo/reference call

https://www.cylance.com/contact-us

0 Kudos
cdubz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Woukd recommend looking at an agentless AV solution instead like mcafee move or something else. Not something that i would run natively on the guest os in a vdi environment

0 Kudos
RyanGoldstein
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

cdubz up until like 3 months i was with you.  I thought agentless was the best.  I WAS WRONG, go with cylance, it is the best for vdi.  Pop it on the golden image and walk away.  maybe a 3-5% performance hit, i think better then agent less overall performance wise.  I hate all AV but i hate cylance the least.  I still hate them don't get me wrong, but leaps and bounds better then the alternative.

Agentless is not your answer agentless is no fun for anyone.