VMware Horizon Community
virgo731
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDI upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

I had a dedicated pool with persistent disk that is running in Windows 7. I'm going to upgrade to Windows 10. What I did create a new pool with new Windows 10 image and from I will

copy the files from persistent disk to the new persistent disk in Windows 10. Is there other step how to do it? can I attached the old windows 7 persistent disk to Windows 10 as new attachment?

any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi virgo731

Persistent disks must always be reconnected to the OS that was used when they were created.You cannot detach a persistent disk from a Windows 7 linked clone and recreate or attach the persistent disk to a Windows 10 linked clone. But you can migrate your users profile from Windows 7 desktops to Windows 10. You can also use 'Robocopy' to copy the user data.

Migrating User Profiles with Horizon Persona Management

User Profile Migration Overview

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi virgo731

Persistent disks must always be reconnected to the OS that was used when they were created.You cannot detach a persistent disk from a Windows 7 linked clone and recreate or attach the persistent disk to a Windows 10 linked clone. But you can migrate your users profile from Windows 7 desktops to Windows 10. You can also use 'Robocopy' to copy the user data.

Migrating User Profiles with Horizon Persona Management

User Profile Migration Overview

0 Kudos
virgo731
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos