VMware Horizon Community
KJK
Contributor
Contributor

VDI's are not powering on after shutdown

I'm running VMWare view version 5.0 and VC 5.0

What seems to be out of no where some newly created manual VDI's do not power on after being shutdown.

If I change pools where the VDI sits and the power on policy is applied the VDI does power down. But again if I shut the VDI down it does not power on

Can anyone think what could be wrong. I have not done any upgrades anywhere. Seems like this started out of no where.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

So this is a manual pool with the always power on policy?   Is it a dedicated or floating pool?

0 Kudos
KJK
Contributor
Contributor

manual and dedicated with the always power on correct.

Something else I see is that the command doesn't even seem to be recieved in VCenter because I do not see the task in notifications.

0 Kudos
ThatVirtualBoy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you ensure that all Connection Servers have at least 10GB of RAM and 4vCPUs configured at the time of install of the Connection Server software? If you are not sure your server was configured this way at install, you can check the Java Heap value (JvmOptions) at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\plugins\wsnm\TomcatService\Params which should read a 4gb value (e.g., it should read -Xmx4096m as per http://kb.vmware.com/kb/2009877)

If it doesn't show 4GB for the java heap, then you'll only have 1GB allocated which could cause this type of behavior.

>>> thatvirtualboy.com <<<
0 Kudos