VMware Horizon Community
d42d01
Contributor
Contributor

VDI high availability

Hi,

We have two separate VI environments (primary and secondary) and we are looking to deploy VDI.  My questions are can we have a linked instance of View Composer act as primary and secondary and can we do the same for View Connection?

Thanks,

D

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

i have never heard of having two view composer, but then you will only need view composer when you're doing the deployment of cloning and virtual desktop customization via quickprep. other that that it's just seating idle.

for vmware view connection server, you could have multiple servers and have a network load balancer on top of these to provide availability. in the installation wizard of the view connection server select 'replica' for the secondary and so forth.

d42d01
Contributor
Contributor

What about the vCenter instance?  We currently have two separate vCenter servers(East Coast and West Coast).  If I add both vCenter servers and one goes down will the other assume management of the desktops(assuming desktops are being replicated between vCenter's)?

Thanks,

D

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

vcenter would be need when you need to do clone and provision of the desktops. it's view connection server that is doing this job.

If you need HA probably you could look into VMware Protect or Veam Backup Replication or Vizioncore vReplicator to replicate another copy.

0 Kudos