VMware Horizon Community
christsonic23
Contributor
Contributor

VDI freezes when using PCoIP but ok using Blast and RDP

Hi experts. I'm battling this issue for a day now and maybe you can point me to the right direction to fix it.

We are deploying a new vdi image in our VMware Horizon Environment and i'm having issue when connecting via PCoIP, it connects for a few seconds and just freeze, and goes black screen. No issues when using Blast and RDP on the new image. Its not a port issue as we have a number of existing pools using PCoIP as default protocol, it only happens on this new images.

Our version of Horizon is 7.2 ..yes its old Smiley Happy as i just inherited this environment. Upgrade will be done for sure. The images are Windows 10 Pro.

Thanks in advance for those who will help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Hotrod76
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, before sealed up the master image did you run the OS Optimization Tool? Did you review the VMware Horizon view agent logs? The below links may help in further diagnosing the issue. 

Black screen when logging in to Horizon virtual desktop over PCOIP in Windows 10

VMware Knowledge Base

Black View Client log in screen when using PCoIP

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
domdsouza
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ports may be open, but what about Protocol? are both TCP and UDP Allowed? The newer clients automatically switch between TCP/UDP I believe. I think you can force it on the Agent side, and maybe it's set that way on the old image?

0 Kudos