VMware Horizon Community
CyberV
Contributor
Contributor

VDI and Terminal Server in the same Broker ?

Hi !

I have a question regarding VMware View Manager ... I have a project with 2 kinds of connections with our ThinClients. 50% of my users will need to connect on a Windows Terminal Server sessions and the other 50% will need to connect on a VDI session under VMware.

My question is : I need ONE BROKER with the capacity (depending of the user profile in Active Directory) to redirect the user on a VDI session OR on a T.S session from their ThinClient.

I need one broker be able to do both assignement ? It is possible with VMware View Manager ? Or is there other third party brokers doing this ?

Please help !

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

View Manager supports brokering to bot virtual desktops and Terminal Servers

WP

0 Kudos
jbruelasdgo
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

do not forget to install your View Agent

regards

Jose

Jose B Ruelas http://aservir.wordpress.com
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

View Manager can do brokering to both Virtual Desktops and Termainal Services sessions, however note that the session must be a full desktop running one of the supported remote desktop protocols (RDP, RGS) the Terminal server must run the View Agent

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

RDP is the only supported protocol at the moment,

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Supported Yes.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

"..to redirect the user on a VDI session OR on a T.S session from their ThinClient."

And just as an added clarification: the broker won't switch to the other if one is not available. The user will pick one from a list or get the first desktop available (thin clients sometimes don't have the option to pick and go in order of individual, first desktop available for persistent pools, first desktop for non-persistent pools, TS -- IIRC).

0 Kudos