VMware Horizon Community
pfuhli
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDI and Net2Display

Hi,

does anybody have some information about the upcoming Net2Display standard being integrated into VDI?

Regards,

daniel

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mreferre
Champion
Champion

I don't think there is lot of info around .....

See this:

Massimo.

Massimo Re Ferre' VMware vCloud Architect twitter.com/mreferre www.it20.info
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

The standard was still in draft in 07. The goal was to complete it by the end of 07. Once the standard is finalized solutions still have to be built from it and that is goign to take time. I think its still a way off yet.

WP

0 Kudos
esloof
Expert
Expert

When will VMware switch-over to Net2Display ?

I was a bit curious about the Net2Display release date because there is a great change that VMware will drop RDP in favour of the new Net2Display standard for its upcoming Virtual Desktop Manager 2 product. I contacted a Net2Display Chair member. Dr. Kenneth Ocheltree over at IBM Research told me that they are making progress in the standard but still have a number of areas to complete before the standard is ready for the VESA approval process. He is targeting to have the standard completed in the first half of 2008. As Net2Display is a VESA standard, it is available only to VESA member companies during the development process and will be generally available when it is an approved standard.

0 Kudos