VMware Horizon Community
virgo731
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDI - VMs outlook won't install

I did run optimization of the Gold image and recompose the pool. Everything running OK except I can't install outlook.

Do you what flags should I check or uncheck  to make it work? or do I need to make the dedicated users as administrator to particular VMs?

any idea?

Thanks

0 Kudos
6 Replies
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What error do you get while installing outlook?

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
0 Kudos
virgo731
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

it says error on the account but when I install as administrator it says  it block by policy, I'm thinking maybe during the customization process it disable this feature.

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you share the error snippet and did you run OSOT after installing horizon agent?

0 Kudos
virgo731
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It all started when I run the OSOT and others informed me this is well known issue of the new version of OSOT.

I end up of creating a new  Windows 10 VM without running the OSOT anyway I had less than 10 clients using this pool.

I noticed also before running the OSOT I took a snapshot to the base image but now I can't roll back to the windows 10 base image. I can run roll back from OSOT history at some point in time

but it doesn't undo everything. Any idea?

Thanks

i

0 Kudos
Shreyskar
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

One of the way to rollback the changes done by OSOT is to rerun it and rollback everything by click on 'History' tab. You should be able to rollback to previous snapshot anytime though.

0 Kudos
virgo731
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I tried that in the history tab but I can't roll back to the last optomization and the roll back button is grayed out.

0 Kudos