VMware Horizon Community
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDI - VM won't shut down

I'm running VDI 2.0 and I have some Desktops set up as Individual Desktops and they seem to work fine.

I just set up a Pool Persistent Desktop which created 3 vm's. When I try to shut them down, they automatically

reboot. I don't see any settings to change this. Does anyone know why they won't shutdown?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jkatz71
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe if you set a pool with (for example) 3 desktops available it will create those three right away... and then insist those are powered up. Once a VM is assigned to a user, it will follow the normal pool rules you selected.

-jonathan

-jonathan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I haven't used VDM (View) in awhile, but believe this is set on the pool level. Check the Virtual machine power policy.

scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for your quick resonse.

The Power Policy is set to "Power off when not in use". I also tried "Remain on" but I'm

still not able to shut it down. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

so if you shutdown the VM within vCenter does VDM then just restart it?

0 Kudos
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I assume the VDM restarts it. It stays powered off for about 5 seconds, then restarts itself.

0 Kudos
lbourque
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

When you edited the pool to change the policy, did you continue through the whole pool or did you just hit finish at that point? Also, is this just 2.0.0 VDM?

Want make a difference in the future of VMware Products? Feature request your ideas ( )!

0 Kudos
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I think I just hit finish after I changed the policy. Do I need to go all the way through it?

This is 2.0.0 VDM.

Thanks,

Scott

0 Kudos
jkatz71
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I believe if you set a pool with (for example) 3 desktops available it will create those three right away... and then insist those are powered up. Once a VM is assigned to a user, it will follow the normal pool rules you selected.

-jonathan

-jonathan
0 Kudos
scotty_p
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot. I'll give that a shot.

0 Kudos