VMware Horizon Community
tris179
Contributor
Contributor

VDI Server on same machine as Tomcat

Hi,

I am trying to install VDI Server on a box which is running an application which is already hosted by Apache Tomcat.

No ports I believe are being shared between the two instances. The issue I am having is that, whatever instance starts first this one runs fine with no isssues and the other instance (service) fails to start and vice versa.

Is there anyway I can get these two instances to run on the same box? I'd rather not have to create a brand new server for the VDI server as it will be very low utilization..

Many thanks

T

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

I am not aware of any way to run two instances of Tomcat, however you are aware the the Connection Broker services can be run as a VM. there is no requirement for it to be physical.

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

Tom Howarth VCP / vExpert

VMware Communities User Moderator

Blog: www.planetvm.net

Contributing author for the upcoming book "VMware Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment”.

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
tris179
Contributor
Contributor

Tom,

Thanks for your input.. The machine in question is already virtual, I was trying to avoid creating another machine just for the sake of it...

Thanks

Tristan

0 Kudos