VMware Horizon Community
swerly01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VDI Pilot

Currently we are running a small Vmware VDI pilot. We have 7 WYSE xpe thin clients, I was able to get them setup to auto login and work correctly.

To save money we are also looking at the thin os WYSE terminals. I have 3 of them, but they arn't as easy to configure.

I was following the install guide and am unable to find a place on adding the 188 string to DHCP(2k). So i figured i would try to manualy set it up. When i manualy setup the thin client to connect to the "broker server" I have been pointing it to the VMware View server... is this correct ?

Any extra info or how to on setting these up would be great!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
awelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Open up the DHCP consol

right click on the server name (first branch under DHCP)

Select Set Predifined Options

Click Add

Set the name and discription how you want, Data type is string, Code is 188 (I have it set at 161, but use the code you need)

Click OK

enter the hostname of your server configured for wyse

Your done

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
awelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I was able to set the custom tag on our windows 2000 dhcp server. It was hard to find, but the option was there. I am not at work now so I can't lookup how i did it.

swerly01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cool, well, if you figure it out could you take a few screen shots to help me out ?

0 Kudos
awelker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Open up the DHCP consol

right click on the server name (first branch under DHCP)

Select Set Predifined Options

Click Add

Set the name and discription how you want, Data type is string, Code is 188 (I have it set at 161, but use the code you need)

Click OK

enter the hostname of your server configured for wyse

Your done

0 Kudos
swerly01
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

That worked great! Thanks for the support!

0 Kudos