VMware Horizon Community
Kraucer
Contributor
Contributor

VDI Horizon (Win 10 and Linux SLED) superior performance with SATA instead of SCSI

I changed the "Virtual Device Node" of several VMs from SCSI to SATA. All users reported superior performance with SATA. I used several benchmark tools and could not see the improvement in numbers. But in practice, VM became more responsive, more agile.

I am still looking for explanations for that. Screen transition, scrolling, typing, much more responsive with SATA.

4 Replies
mat2k7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have tried that with NVME and performance is amazing but i have noticed input lags which forced me to move back to SCSI. Might try with SATA now. 

Could you post your Win 10 and Horizon Build in use?

Thanks for sharing.

Kraucer
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Windows 10 build 1803 & Horizon 7.7.0. I will test NVMe yet ... did you have a delay in typing the keyboard? And how was your test with SATA?

mat2k7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

yet to test with SATA. Yes i did have delay in typing and sometimes the whole system would freeze for a second. The Performance was really nice. beside occasional input delay and freeze, which forced me to revert the settings.

Kraucer
Contributor
Contributor

I'm doing some performance measurements. As soon as I finish I'll share it here.

0 Kudos