VMware Horizon Community
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDI Desktop is taking 10 minutes to bring login screen

VDI Desktop is taking 10 minutes to bring login screen. This is happening for one user alone. Also, received attached image error after login. I have already completed VMWare OSOT then only deployed as instant clone.
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDI Login Screen 1.jpg

Error.jpg

0 Kudos
StephenMassman
Contributor
Contributor

Some questions to dig deeper.

How many other users are in your Instant Pool and do not have the 10 minute issue?
Are you calling flexengine with GPO method?
Are you deploying the Instant Clone machines in the OU path to get the GPO.?
Is your base image configured to connect App Volumes manager?   If it is, the base image machine name should show up in the App Volumes manager activity logs.  That is usually a good sign that the connection to AppVol manager is working.  Then once the pool is deployed, you should see the instant clone machines also show up in AppVol manager activity logs.  

Hope these questions help you dig a bit deeper.  

---
Steve Massman
@stevemassman
0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

How many other users are in your Instant Pool and do not have the 10 minute issue? Almost I have 10 users in the instant pool and others do not have this issue. Are you calling flexengine with GPO method? Yes Are you deploying the Instant Clone machines in the OU path to get the GPO.? Yes correct. Is your base image configured to connect App Volumes manager? If it is, the base image machine name should show up in the App Volumes manager activity logs. That is usually a good sign May I know where I can see these logs?
0 Kudos
StephenMassman
Contributor
Contributor

the active logs should be in your App Volumes Manager site.  something like https://fqdnofmanager/activity#/Activity_Log  

---
Steve Massman
@stevemassman
0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Clearly an issue with App Volumes. Please check AV logs.

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your reply. I have created with VMWare on this issue. Thanks, Ram
0 Kudos
smut5203
Contributor
Contributor

It could be related to Hugh user profile loading during the logon. Let us know how the case with Vmware going

0 Kudos