VMware Horizon Community
ChrisOng
Contributor
Contributor

VDI Desktop configuration

Hi,

I would like to deploy VDI for 8 desktop users. These compusters are Computer A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H. These 8 desktop used by 8 users are in different Vlan from Floor1 to Floor8. These 8 users (User1 to User8) can go to either of the floor to access the destop entitelement tied to their AD.

There are two NIC dedicated for Desktop which will perform teaming.

Question

1. Will these 8 VDI Desktop current reside on the virtual machine need to have a DHCP IP Address received from the DHCP Server or will the user from different floor when select the view agent able to check out the VM in which the desktop will then be assigned a DHCP based on their Vlan.

How can I achieve the above configuration as what do I need to do on the ESX Networking tab and also on the switch port where are two dedicated port.

Pls advise

Thanks

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

from the virtual switch that is attached with the network adapter, you will need to create each virtual machine portgroup for each VLAN. then assigned each of these portgroup to each of the virtual machine. this is assumed that the VLAN is enabled in your switch.

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos