VMware Horizon Community
cowhowUTA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VDI Deployment

Deployed Horizon VDI 7.4 in a vSphere 6.5 cluster.  This cluster is in its own vCenter and shares it with nothing else.  Install went without error or hiccup.  Remote apps function as expected.  Trying to create a Desktop Pool does not.  When I try to create a Desktop Pool i get the error below.  For all the research I have done this error relates to Jave.  But, other than that i have not found any relevant information on how to resolve it.  What does it mean and how to I get around it?

com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.exception.MarshallException: DesktopVirtualCenterProvisioningData required property datacenter not set, Instant Desktop Creation Failed

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Instant0Darth0V
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You created a DataCenter and have all below that?

0 Kudos
cowhowUTA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes...but the error seems to poiunt to the datacenter.  I know a MarshalException relates to Java but as cryptic as these error messages can be I don't think Java is involved here.

0 Kudos
mihu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

we have the same issue, did you find a solution for that?

com.vmware.vim.vmomi.core.exception.MarshallException: DesktopVirtualCenterProvisioningData required property datacenter not set,

Best regards

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Can you confirm that the user account used for provisioning has the correct privileges?

Have you renamed the datacenter or clusters since creating the pool? Try edit the pool and see if it presents you with an error.

0 Kudos