VMware Horizon Community
satish_halemani
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VCenter licensing doubt

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the difference between the below licenses?

vCenter Server 6 Standard for Horizon

vCenter Server 6 Standard

We are upgrading our vsphere environment from 5.5 to 6.0 and as first step we requested upgrade of VCenter Server 5 standard license and client got it upgraded to "vCenter Server 6 Standard for Horizon". Is there any harm in using this horizon license? Can we continue to use this license for server workloads? Should we ask vmware to convert it to normal license? Please suggest

Thanks in advance

Satish

0 Kudos
1 Reply
vTimD
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

My company is part of the VSPP (I believe it may be vCAN now...) and we have a boat load of licenses. We are subscribed to vCenter Server Standard, and Horizon Enterprise. Part of our Horizon Enterprise license, entitles us to vCenter Server for Horizon. As far as my knowledge goes, they are the same license. One just comes bundled with Horizon (generally), and one is standalone. I would reach out to support just to be sure, but I believe you are just fine to run server workloads under that license.

-vTimD http://www.vtimd.com If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or Correct buttons to award points.
0 Kudos