VMware Horizon Community
VDIWannabe007
Contributor
Contributor

Using the Include=$mac variable function with the WYSE thin client device

I had some trouble understanding the WYSE documentation on how to use the Include=$mac variable on our WYSE V10L devices.

If you need to use this variable to apply different settings to your WYSE devices with different hardware configuration etc (some have single monitor configurations and others have dual monitor configurations) then you will need to do the following:

1. Add the following line into your wnos.ini file at the relevant location in your wnos.ini file exactly as written: 'Include=$mac'

When this command is ntered into your wnos.ini file then it tell the wyse device to look in the folder for your configuration files specified by device MAC address.It is important to remember that your wnos config file should only host the settings the specifically need to be set as any other configuration files that are called by the Include=$mac command will only append it configuration data and will NOT overwrite it.

For each device that you want to configure with extra settings you will need to get its MAC address and create a seperate configuration file for it in the same format of the wnos.ini file. These additonal configuration files must be located in the /inc folder on the ftp site and should be named with the devices mac address e.g.0078TG67F3ED (there must be NO ".ini" after the file name). The following line should be placed at the end of this configuration file to prevent configuration loops:

Exit=Yes

Let me know if you require any further information.

Hope this helps...

0 Kudos
2 Replies
alelondon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello there, we have Wyse setup with an ftp server and also use wnos.ini config file. We dont use the Include=$mac variable per say but the setup is pretty solid.

We have had lots of headache with WYSE documentation in general. No offense to WYSE guys but it looks like they all need re-writing. Preferrably by normal human beings Smiley Happy Again, no offense... But the below is a classic example of badly written documentation.

Anyway, back to your problem...

- How far have you got? Have you got the ftp site configured yet?

- If you already have a wnos.ini file, can you remove any confidential details and paste it here?

- At which point does it fail and do you get any errors?

- Are you able to export the results from the WYSE Event log and paste it here?

Cheers

0 Kudos
VDIWannabe007
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response but our wyse - vmware solution is working well now - just had some initial problems of getting the duel hardware configuration to work with the wyse devices so through i would share the details here as i found it very hard to find the right info when i needed it ... cheers..

0 Kudos