VMware Horizon Community
lesnyh
Contributor
Contributor

Using locked.properties file settings when using UAG in HA mode.

I apologize in advance for the quality of the text - unfortunately I do not speak English well.

There are two appliance deployed in our environment with the Unified Access Gateway role - UAG1,UAG2 .
For two appliance (UAG1,UAG2) - high availability mode configured.
UAG is used to connect external users to virtual workstations.
Internal users will connect directly to the Horizon Connection Server.
To connect to the Virtual IP address used for HA, the name https://horizon.example.com is used.
UAG 1 settings use the Connection Server URL - FQDN Horizon Connection Server 1.
UAG 2 settings use the Connection Server URL - FQDN Horizon Connection Server 2.
VMware Horion Version - 2012
VMware UAG version - v21.03.0.0-17766288
Users will connect to virtual workstations using the Blast protocol.
Users connect to virtual workstations using VMware Horizon Client.

1.Is it necessary to specify the common name horizon.example.com for the BalanceHost parameter located in the file - locked.properties?
   BalanceHost = horizon.example.com

2.Is it required to specify the external IP address for the first and second UAG for the portalHost parameter located in the file - locked.properties?
    portalHost.1 = external_IP_UAG1
    portalHost.1 = external_IP_UAG2

3. Is the scenario below supported
    UAG 1 settings use the Connection Server URL - FQDN Horizon Connection Server 1.
   UAG 2 settings use the Connection Server URL - FQDN Horizon Connection Server 2.
   Between UAG1, UAG2 - HA mode is configured

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

@lesnyh 

1. The balancedHost option is only needed if you have a Load Balancer in front of your connection servers, which you don't have apparently. So no need to specify this

2. Add the portalHost.n= option with the FQDN of your UAG HA address and the individual FQDNs of the UAGs.

portalHost.1=horizon.example.com
portalHost.2=uag1.domain.local
portalHost.3=uag2.domain.local

3. Not sure if pointing each UAG to another connection server is supported, but it should work. 

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.
lesnyh
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much for your comment, I hope it helps with the setup.

0 Kudos
lesnyh
Contributor
Contributor

I wanted to clarify in the portalHost parameter for UAG1, UAG2 should an external FQDN be specified or can an external IP address (UAG1, UAG2) be specified?

0 Kudos
Mickeybyte
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You shouldn't put any IP addresses in here, only FQDN. 

I'm also not really sure if the individual UAG's are necessary to be in there. Try first with only the HA FQDN, that will probably be enough.

Regards,
Mickeybyte (ITPro blog)

If you found this comment useful or an answer to your question, please mark as 'Solved' and/or click the 'Kudos' button, please ask follow-up questions if you have any.