VMware Horizon Community
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Using a Connection server Pre-login message with UAG's

Before using UAG's, connectivity through Security Server provided these steps.

-- Access VDI website

-- See Pre-login Message fed from Connection Server

-- Get RSA prompt

-- Get Username / Password prompt

-- Login successful

Going through the UAG's the RSA message comes first and then the Pre-Login message.  After there any settings where I can change that back to the first example?  I'd like to display the Pre-login message before any security prompt is provided.

Thanks in advance

Badfish

Labels (1)
6 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Is RSA configured on the UAG or on the connection server?

0 Kudos
BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Its configured on the UAG currently.  I wanted to take advantage of that feature rather than using the Connection servers for it.

0 Kudos
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The UAG first enforces RSA, once complete it hands off to the connection server where the pre-login message is configured. They would have to add a pre-login message to the UAG to get the functionality you want. You could try to shift RSA to the connection server but test it thoroughly. I tried to do this with RADIUS and found that it had to be enforced on the UAG or certain functionality didn't work. I would recommend filling an SR and then having them create and track a feature request from it.

BadfishGT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the assistance.  I'll try that route.

0 Kudos
jamorris27
Contributor
Contributor

Your issue is the order of when the Pre-login message occurs?

I'm having a similar issue, when I enable the pre-login message via the connection server, should I login via the UAG from a PCoIP Device, it never forwards to the connection server to display the pre-login message (using a PCoIP device only).  It just loops me back to enter the RSA login.  Would you happen to know why?  If I login directly to the Connection Server, I see the Pre-login Message just fine.

My desired sequence:

• Access VDI via the UAG using PCoIP Device
  • Get RSA prompt, authenticate
  • See Pre-login Message fed from Connection Server
  • Get Username / Password prompt
  • Login successful

My current sequence:

• Access VDI via the UAG using PCoIP Device
  • Get RSA prompt, authenticate
  • Get RSA prompt, authenticate (loop)

My desired sequence works via the UAG using the Horizon Client and HTML Access.

0 Kudos
heloma
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jamorris27,

did you get any luck with this ?

we have deployed load-balancer as a full proxy and we are facing the same issue using zero-client.

the vmware horizon client works great though.

thanks.

heloma

0 Kudos