VMware Horizon Community
vmwaretrial2017
Contributor
Contributor

Using PCoIP Internally.

Hi All,

Is there a way to use PCoIP internally and externally without using two different Connection Servers?

If no, then which Protocol can I use (Blast or RDP) without the need of Security Servers?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
flynmooney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We're using an F5 load balancer which will proxy the PCoIP connections. https://www.f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/vmware-horizon-view-dg.pdf. I would guess there are other solutions similar to this.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

One option is to use VMware Unified Access Gateway (formerly known as Access Point) for your remote connections. That way you can use the same Connection Server and have internal PCoIP go direct to the virtual desktops, but remote access PCoIP go via UAG. See Documentation for VMware Unified Access Gateway for details.

0 Kudos
vmwaretrial2017
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info markbenson, I will give that a try.

So I installed another Connection Server as a Replica and I was able to connect to my Desktop and Apps from both internally and externally.

However, now I cannot open any desktops or apps using any browser from outsides that is externally. It works fine through the Horizon client.

Internally - everything works, using client and browser (tested only through IE)

Externally - Client works fine, when using browser able to login but cannot start up any applications.

Any ideas?

Thanks.    

0 Kudos