VMware Horizon Community
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Using Composer without joining virtual desktops to Active Directory Domain

Hi all,

as far as you know, is it possible to leverage Composer and keeping virtual desktops in a workgroup?

I tried using sysprep instead of quickprep during the Desktop Pool creation wizard but I get a provisioning error stating that the Administrator account used by QuickPrep doesn't have authorization in AD.

I don't understand this message as like I said I didn't use QuickPrep, maybe it's just that Composer is not built for this.

Anyone can help me with this? Thank you!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
JackMac4
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You have to have a domain for QuikPrep. The machine doesn't have to be joined to the domain prior to being cloned, but it will be joined when it is cloned. If you want to do clones that are not joined to a domain you'd have to use SysPrep.

---- Jack McMichael | Sr. Systems Engineer VMware End User Computing Contact me on Twitter @jackwmc4
0 Kudos
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

That's what I treid but it seems to work only with Full Clones, if I use Sysprep with Composer I get a QuickPrep Error (!!!)

That's the funny story, I use Syspre and I get a QuickPrep error.

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

And what is the exact error-message?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This is the error I get.

Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 18.52.23.png

0 Kudos