VMware Horizon Community
jckelsey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Users randomly prompted to reboot when they logon

View 5.1.2.  Non-persistent pool with persona enabled.  Randomly, users will be prompted to reboot the VM when they logon.  We've tried multiple versions of the agent, no difference.  Doesn't happen every time or to every user.  I can keep logging on/off about 20 times...get 20 different VMs (all linked clones) and maybe see the prompt to reboot once or twice.  This *seems* to be tied to persona somehow since this is the only pool we have with persona and the only pool with this issue.  Anybody else seeing this?

Thanks all!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

JCkelsey,

This may help: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/435615?start=0&tstart=0

We have our vm's spread over 3 servers.  All with different processors.  We'll know if it worked tomorrow morning.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the same issue with persistent disks and it is somewhat random.  Once a user gets prompted to reboot at login, it will prompt that user every time from point on.  Several users never get prompted to reboot at logon.  I am using persona management but only one setting is configured (VMware PCOIP...Clipboard redirection).  All using the same golden image and all have the same GP applied.  GP consists of mapping Network drives and printers.  This isn't making any sense to me.

0 Kudos
robsisk1972
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

JCkelsey,

This may help: http://communities.vmware.com/thread/435615?start=0&tstart=0

We have our vm's spread over 3 servers.  All with different processors.  We'll know if it worked tomorrow morning.

0 Kudos
jckelsey
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Bingo!

This fixed our issue.  We have 1 host in that cluster that has a different processor.  We brought the master image up on that host, let it install whatever it needed, reboot, recompose.  Issue is resolved!

Thanks Rob!

0 Kudos