VMware Horizon Community
kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Users are logging into multiple sessions even though they are not allowed to..

Does anyone know what would cause the SAME user to login into multiples sessions even though we don't allow multiple logins in our View environment?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
housec
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We saw this a lot with View 4.6.1, and occasionally with View 5.1.1.

I believe the issue is because the desktop VM that is selected for the user by the Broker is busy doing something (CPU 100%) and the View Agent in the VM cannot process the request from the broker in a timely manner. I believe the Broker gives up after a few seconds of no response from the agent and then chooses another available desktop.

So if the user disconnected from their desktop and then return later, but their desktop has a process stuck in a loop and using 100% CPU, the agent has a hard time getting back to the Broker so the broker gives up and chooses another desktop.

The desktops we are using are WinXP SP3 with 1 vCPU and 2GB ram.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Is it just the one user or does it happen to multiple users?

Is it a fairly consistent problem or just seems to happen from time to time? 

calladd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

When you say "is not allowed" I assume this to mean in the pool settings you have set the 'Allow multiple sessions per user' setting to 'No' as well? Correct?

kappyninewood
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It happens randomly.  Not everyone is affected.

When you say "is not allowed" I assume this to mean in the pool settings you have set the 'Allow multiple sessions per user' setting to 'No' as well? Correct?  Correct.

0 Kudos
housec
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

We saw this a lot with View 4.6.1, and occasionally with View 5.1.1.

I believe the issue is because the desktop VM that is selected for the user by the Broker is busy doing something (CPU 100%) and the View Agent in the VM cannot process the request from the broker in a timely manner. I believe the Broker gives up after a few seconds of no response from the agent and then chooses another available desktop.

So if the user disconnected from their desktop and then return later, but their desktop has a process stuck in a loop and using 100% CPU, the agent has a hard time getting back to the Broker so the broker gives up and chooses another desktop.

The desktops we are using are WinXP SP3 with 1 vCPU and 2GB ram.

0 Kudos
jnby
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi!

I am also experiencing the same on my end.

Were you able to fix this issue? If yes, how did you fix it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos